September is Hunger Action Month
September is Hunger Action Month, a month where we stand together and speak with one voice. It's a month to spread the word about the hunger crisis and dedicate ourselves to a solution. Will you join in?
Main Street currently participates in the following feeding programs:
- ForKids canned goods and Beyond the Bell meals
- Rose’s Friday Community Supper
- Salvation Army Soup Kitchen
- Rise Against Hunger Food packaging
- NEW - Suffolk Christian Fellowship non-perishable food collection.
Sat., Oct. 21 8 am - 12 noon
GOAL: Package 10,000 meals
There are three significant ways to support this hands on mission project:
1. Pray for the success of the event
2. Help us reach our fundraising goal of $3,000. Buy stew…
Brunswick Stew Sale, Saturday, September 23
Sponsored by the United Methodist Men
Cost: $10 per quart, tickets will be available soon.
3. Participate at the event, it’s fun!
For any questions or to volunteer, contact : Greg Brown at 757-934-1981 or email firstname.lastname@example.org