At Main Street we have "a heart for mission"
Our congregation participates in active service both locally and globally. We believe that people typically find God when they encounter his people in service to others. We hope you'll find a mission opportunity that speaks to you.
Love God. Love Each other. change the world.
Our Local Missions:
- ForKids Food Collection - Collection of grocery items for ForKids shelter. Donations collected in atrium. Contact Tess Popik at email@example.com
- ForKids Hot Meals and Homework program - Provides dinner for 8-10 children participating in program at ForKids building in downtown Suffolk. Wednesdays at 6:30 pm. Contact Phil McPhail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Main Street Community Supper - Dinner at Main Street provided to individuals in need in Suffolk. 4th Friday each month from 3-6 pm. Contact person: Midge Callis
- Salvation Army Soup Kitchen - Lunch at the Salvation Army in Suffolk for individuals and families in need. 4th Saturday each month from 11 am to 1 pm. Contact Jodi Browne at email@example.com
- Foster Child Christmas Tree - Provides wrapped Christmas presents for a needy child in Suffolk. Presents collected in atrium during the month of December. Contact Barbara McPhail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prison Ministry - Once weekly bible study at our local men's prison in Suffolk. Contact person: Danny Andrews
- Angel Tree - Provides Christmas presents for children whose parents are incarcerated. Presents collected in atrium during the month of December. Other events throughout the year including school supply drive and Easter basket donations. Contact Tess Popik at email@example.com
- Nursing Home Ministry - Circle Meeting at Kindred Care Nursing Home in Suffolk. Church bus to bring nursing home residents to church services and events. Cards and visits with congregation members living in nursing homes. Contact Barbara McPhail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayer Shawl Ministry - Prayer shawls knitted for those who have been sick or have recently lost a loved one. Contact person: Susan Pruden
- Fall Harvest Festival - Church-wide effort to raise money for missions. Event includes silent auction, bake sale, and plant sale. Typically held the same day as Suffolk Peanut Parade. Contact Tess Popik at email@example.com
- CRU Missionaries - Quin and Stephanie (Livingston) Strouse are serving CRU at The Ohio State University by building up Christian student leaders, sharing the Gospel with students all over campus, and helping Greek members share their faith within their houses. Email Quin or Stephanie to make a donation or to sign up for their newsletter. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Our Global Missions:
- Mission Trip to Chile - yearly trip to Chile to volunteer at the Methodist Agricultural School for Mapuche Indians. Contact person: Charlie O'Dea
- Youth Mission Trip - yearly trip to serve underprivileged communities. Contact Mark Popik at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends of Barnabas - yearly trip to Honduras for medical mission work. Contact person: George Blair
- Stop Hunger Now - One day event held once a year to package nutritious meals sent to children and families all over the world. Contact Mark Popik at email@example.com
- Covenant Relationship with missionary John Elmore - Main Street provides financial support to our missionary at the Methodist Agricultural School for Mapuche Indians in Angol, Chile.